Skamper Kampers – Tents
The Camper Trailer Tents may be purchased on their own for use on your trailer. Our tents have a drop of 1075mm +- 25mm The are made to suit a 7′ x 4′ Trailer. The weight is approx. 240Kg and the drop should be calculated with this in mind.
There are 2 Tent styles
The 9′ tent is designed with ease and speed of erection in mind. There are minimal poles and together with gas struts which makes erection much quicker.
The 12′ tent also benefits from gas struts to assist with erection. The annexe has a divider which may be fitted to make another room.
All Ranger Tents are complete with;
- Annexe – including walls and floor (walls are in 3 sections)
- Tropical roof – this can stay attached when packing up
- Mattress – high density foam with cover
- 15oz Poly / cotton Australian style canvas
- Kids room (optional)
Why our tents are better.
We do not use cheap and light rip stop canvas, but heavier 440gsm(15oz) plain canvas which is 65% poly 35% cotton ratio as Australian canvas.
- Our 440gsm (15oz) plain dark coloured canvas has almost a total block out. The exceptions are lighter colours which do not offer full block out.
- Our tents are all manufactured under Australian quality control management.
- Our steel bed frame is very heavy duty. It is fully constructed with 50mm x 25mm x 3mm steel.
- All poles are galvanized and the main frames are 25mm diameter. Some other manufacturers only use 21mm poles.
- Our roof seams are all sewn with core spun thread imported from Germany. Most others use a light weight Chinese thread.
- All tents have a good quality mattress and cover as standard.
- All bed ladders are made from light weight aluminium, not heavy steel ladders that can fall and cause injury.
- All tents have heavy duty D rings at the peg down points.
- 600gsm PVC is used in the main tent section and for the travel cover. Most others use 450gsm to 500gsm.
- The bottom section of the travel cover is already fitted into sail track.
- All tents have an extra rear door in the main tent section.
- All tents have air flow/access flaps as standard.
- The KWIK tent is one of the fastest tents to erect available.
- All tents have heavy duty SBS zips.
- All tents have internal window flaps as standard, except the zip out main tent end window.
- We do not use ant black paint on our bed boards as they may contain lead. The underside of our bed boards are sealed with a clear varnish.
- We provide 12 months warranty on our tents, except for zips and insect screens, or damage caused through misuse, improper storage, incorrect cleaning, or failure to weather (season) the tent.
Specifications and Standard Features:
- Gas Assist Poles for Quick Setup
- Internal Window Flaps
- Tropical Roof
- Optional Kids’ Room
- 15 Ounce Heavy Duty Canvas
- Heavy Duty Zippers
- Foam Mattress
- Heavy Duty Bed Frame
- Galvanised 25mm Heavy Duty Poles
- Light Weight Aluminium Ladder
- 600gsm Heavy Duty PVC Floor
- Weatherproof Travel Cover Fitted with Sail Track
- Extra Rear Door in Main Tent
- Seams Sewn with High Quality German Core Spun Thread
- Heavy Duty D Rings
- Under Mattress Access to Trailer
- Zip and Velcro Awnings and Walls
- Three Piece Front Annex and Walls
- Super Fine Window and Door Mesh
- 150mm PVC Edge Around Mattress
- Tailgate/Kitchen Skirt
- Weather Strips Front and Rear Doors
- Fully Detachable Annex Walls and Floors
- Power Cord Inlet
- Includes All Ropes, Pegs and Spreader Bars
- Convenient Storage Pockets
- Pole Bag
- Rope and Peg Bag
- Air Flow Access Flaps
- Manufactured Under Australian Quality Control Management
- 12 Months Warranty (excludes misuse, zippers, yscreens and velcro)
Skamper Kampers reserves the right to change/delete /replace specifications or features. Some photos may show options not included in base price. Our innovative trailer features are protected by Australian design/innovation patent(s)